What is NYSERDA?
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), established in 1975, is a public benefit corporation, located in Albany, New York, with regional offices in NYC, Buffalo, and West Valley.
NYSERDA offers information and analysis, programs, technical expertise, and funding aimed at helping New Yorkers increase energy efficiency, save money, use renewable energy, and reduce their reliance on fossil fuels.
NYSERDA professionals are charged with protecting the environment and creating clean-energy jobs. NYSERDA collaborates with businesses, industry, the federal government, academia, the environmental community, public interest groups, and energy market participants to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
NYSERDA’s Mission Statement
Advance innovative energy solutions in ways that improve New York’s economy and environment.
NYSERDA’s Vision Statement
To serve as a catalyst – advancing energy innovation and technology, transforming New York’s economy, empowering people to choose clean and efficient energy as a part of their everyday lives
- Conducting a multifaceted energy and environmental research and development program to meet New York State’s diverse economic needs.
- Making energy more affordable for residential and low-income households.
- Helping industries, schools, hospitals, municipalities, not-for-profits, and the residential sector, including low-income residents, implement energy efficiency measures.
- Provide objective, credible, and useful energy analysis and planning to guide decisions made by major energy stakeholders in the private and public sectors.
- Managing the Western New York Nuclear Service Center at West Valley, including: (1) overseeing the State’s interestes and share of costs at the West Valley Demonstration Project, a federal/State radioactive waste clean-up effort, and (2) managing wastes and maintaining facilities at the shut-down State Licensed Disposal Area.
- Coordinating the State’s activities on nuclear energy matters including the regulation of radioactive materials, and monitoring low-level radioactive waste generation and management in the State.
- Financing energy-related projects, reducing costs for ratepayers.
Whether you own an existing multifamily property, or are planning new construction NESERDA has incredible incentives to help you get the most energy efficiency heating system possible.
When working with a registered NYSERDA MPP partner (multifamily performance partners) building owners can get incentives up to $1,300 per unit, of free money when energy reduction goals are met. 0% financing is also available for 50% of the project, and loans are available at half market rate for the remaining 50%.
Our NYSERDA MPP partners can help maximize your building’s energy efficiency for lower energy costs and greater resident comfort, and MPP parterns get access to the Green get the money to pay for it.
NYSERDA’s portfolio of programs and incentives make it easier to amp up the performance of your building, by providing access to programs that fund, implement and measure energy efficiency to improve building performance and your bottom line.
Call us to schedule your consultation. 800.524.4280